Separation Agreements, Winston-Salem, NC

HomeLegal ServicesLegal Separation, Winston-Salem, NCSeparation Agreements, Winston-Salem, NC

Our team has the right experience to help with any separation agreements.

If you and your spouse are seeking legal separation, you’ll need an attorney to help you draft a separation agreement. In the experience of our team at the office of Robert G. Spaugh, Attorney at Law, many people conflate separation agreements with divorce, but these two things are legally distinct from one another. A divorce dissolves the marriage, while a separation agreement leaves the marriage in place while also making arrangements for the married partners to live apart.

Separation Agreements in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

While a legal separation does not end your marriage, the logistics involved in actually living apart are essentially the same as for a divorce. You’ll need to come to an agreement about alimony, child support, and child custody, as well as deciding how the two of you will be paying your bills. If you believe that your separation will be permanent, the separation agreement may also address division of property. Should you and your partner reconcile, you can cancel the agreement, move back in together, and continue your marriage with no additional steps required.

Although this process may seem overwhelming, you can count on our experienced team to guide you through every step. Our team wants to help you make the best decision for your needs, and we will give you the facts you need in order to do so. We are proud to serve the Winston-Salem, North Carolina community, and we are committed to providing the high-quality legal representation you deserve. If you are looking for a reliable team to help you with separation agreements, simply give us a call.

At the office of Robert G. Spaugh, Attorney at Law, we can assist in legal cases involving separation agreements in Forsyth County (Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Kernersville, Lewisville, Bethania, Rural Hall, Walkertown, and Tobaccoville), Davidson County (Lexington, Thomasville, Denton, and Wallburg), Davie County (Mocksville, Advance, Bermuda Run, and Cooleemee), Stokes County (Danbury, King, Walnut Cove, and Germanton), Surry County (Dobson, Mt. Airy, Pilot Mountain, and Elkin), Yadkin County (Yadkinville, Jonesville, East Bend, and Boonville), and Wilkes County (Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro, and Ronda), North Carolina.

Call Now