Property Agreements, Winston-Salem, NC

HomeLegal ServicesEstate Law, Winston-Salem, NCProperty Agreements, Winston-Salem, NC

Property agreements are like prenuptial agreements for unmarried partners, and our team has the necessary experience to help you create an agreement that fits your needs.

Most people have heard of a prenuptial agreement, a contract that dictates which partner owns what and therefore who will get those assets in the event that they divorce. What fewer people are aware of is that you can make such an agreement even if you are not married to your partner and don’t plan to be. These contracts are called property agreements for unmarried couples, and our team at the office of Robert G. Spaugh, Attorney at Law, has the right experience to help you create one for your relationship.

Property Agreements in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Many couples mix taxes, invest money together, buy property, and otherwise combine their finances even if they are not married yet or don’t plan to ever get married. When your assets are so thoroughly intertwined, it becomes difficult to separate them again–and while some couples who separate are able to come to a mutual agreement about how to divide their assets, this process often becomes contentious and stressful.

Just like pre-nuptial agreements can save divorcing spouses from having to hash this process out, property agreements can similarly spare cohabiting couples from going through a similar battle. A property agreement gives you a valuable measure of protection–in the event that you and your partner do separate, you’ll spare yourself a lot of stressful arguments, and if you stay together, then you won’t need that safety net anyway.

Our team is proud to serve the Winston-Salem, North Carolina community, and we want to help you do what’s best for your future. If you are interested in learning more about property agreements, we encourage you to give us a call.

At the office of Robert G. Spaugh, Attorney at Law, we can assist with property agreements in Forsyth County (Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Kernersville, Lewisville, Bethania, Rural Hall, Walkertown, and Tobaccoville), Davidson County (Lexington, Thomasville, Denton, and Wallburg), Davie County (Mocksville, Advance, Bermuda Run, and Cooleemee), Stokes County (Danbury, King, Walnut Cove, and Germanton), Surry County (Dobson, Mt. Airy, Pilot Mountain, and Elkin), Yadkin County (Yadkinville, Jonesville, East Bend, and Boonville), and Wilkes County (Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro, and Ronda), North Carolina.

Call Now