Division of Marital Property, Winston-Salem, NC

HomeLegal ServicesDivorce, Winston-Salem, NCDivision of Marital Property, Winston-Salem, NC

Let us explain how your property will be divided during divorce.

Until your divorce became inevitable, you probably did not put much thought into how your martial property would be divided. Now that the division of marital property in your divorce is imminent, you have concerns about how this process will unfold and if you will receive the assets most important to you.

Division of Marital Property in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

North Carolina is not a community property state, so your assets will not simply be divided in half during the division of marital property. Instead, North Carolina is an equitable distribution state, so the court will attempt to fairly divide your property based on you and your spouse’s individual circumstances.

During the division of martial property, you can make the case that you receive a certain asset if the court deems that it is fair to do so. That is why it is so important to have a knowledgeable attorney backing you up to enhance the outcome of your property division case.

At the legal office of Robert G. Spaugh, Attorney at Law, protecting your best interests during divorce is exactly what we do. We will fight for fair distribution during your property division case to protect your interests and financial stability moving forward.

We serve the Winston-Salem, North Carolina area and want you to know that when you choose us, your property division case is in good hands. Set up a consultation with our office today to find out how we can support you during this difficult time.

At the office of Robert G. Spaugh, Attorney at Law, we can assist in legal cases involving division of marital property in Forsyth County (Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Kernersville, Lewisville, Bethania, Rural Hall, Walkertown, and Tobaccoville), Davidson County (Lexington, Thomasville, Denton, and Wallburg), Davie County (Mocksville, Advance, Bermuda Run, and Cooleemee), Stokes County (Danbury, King, Walnut Cove, and Germanton), Surry County (Dobson, Mt. Airy, Pilot Mountain, and Elkin), Yadkin County (Yadkinville, Jonesville, East Bend, and Boonville), and Wilkes County (Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro, and Ronda), North Carolina.

Call Now