Contested Divorce, Winston-Salem, NC

HomeLegal ServicesDivorce, Winston-Salem, NCContested Divorce, Winston-Salem, NC

Let our firm help with your contested divorce.

As you may assume, a contested divorce occurs when you and your spouse do not agree regarding one or more aspects of your divorce settlement. A contested divorce can take longer to resolve, but it may be the right option if you have concerns about protecting your interests and coming to a fair settlement with your ex.

Contested Divorce in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

The basic format of a contested divorce in Winston-Salem, North Carolina looks like this:

  • You prepare, file, and deliver a divorce petition.
  • Your spouse responds to the petition.
  • You initiate the divorce discovery process, which involves gathering information from your spouse and third-party witnesses.
  • You complete pre-trial hearings and legal motions.
  • Settlement proposals and negotiations occur between each side’s attorneys.
  • If the settlement process does not work, a court trial occurs.

The contested divorce process is complicated, so you need the guidance and assistance of an experienced attorney. At the office of Robert G. Spaugh, Attorney at Law, we can help you. Our head attorney – Robert G. Spaugh – has three decades of legal experience and is prepared to provide exceptional representation during your contested divorce.

The contested divorce process is not easy, but with the experienced, effective guidance of our law firm, the end-result can be beneficial for your situation after you finalize the settlement. Set up a consultation with our office today to discuss the terms of your divorce and find out how we can help.

At the office of Robert G. Spaugh, Attorney at Law, we can assist in legal cases involving contested divorce in Forsyth County (Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Kernersville, Lewisville, Bethania, Rural Hall, Walkertown, and Tobaccoville), Davidson County (Lexington, Thomasville, Denton, and Wallburg), Davie County (Mocksville, Advance, Bermuda Run, and Cooleemee), Stokes County (Danbury, King, Walnut Cove, and Germanton), Surry County (Dobson, Mt. Airy, Pilot Mountain, and Elkin), Yadkin County (Yadkinville, Jonesville, East Bend, and Boonville), and Wilkes County (Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro, and Ronda), North Carolina.

Call Now